News You Choose and Friday Folders
Learn how you can stay in touch with Belvedere!
Translate this page
Weekly News and Announcements Email (via FCPS News You Choose)
- These messages are delivered to your email inbox on Friday afternoons and contain important news, announcements, and upcoming events. To subscribe, please enter your email address in the box below. You may always unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of these messages.
- An archive our Weekly News and Announcements is available in English and Spanish. Please click "View it as a Web page" to see all content.
- In addition to the Weekly News and Announcements email, printed flyers and other materials are sent home each week in your child's Friday Folder. In our effort to "go green" and support the environmental education program at Belvedere, we encourage families to opt out of printed materials and instead access the Friday folder flyers electronically via the PTA website. This link is included at the top of the weekly email each Friday.
Inclement Weather & Emergency Communications
FCPS provides information about closings and delays in many ways including:
- Posted to the official @FCPSnews Twitter and Facebook pages. Please note that the the official Twitter account (with blue checkmark) is generally the first and fastest mode of communication during emergency weather closings. Other communication channels are updated as quickly as possible including email, text, website, other social media, and news stations. Please be aware, due to the large volume of emails sent, there will likely be a lag between the time a FCPS Twitter alert is posted and receipt of an email in your inbox.
- Posted to www.fcps.edu.
- Email and text messages sent to parents (using the parent contact information listed in [email protected]).
- Email sent to employees (using the employee's FCPS email address).
- Email sent to News You Choose subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings.
- Posted on FCPS cable Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only).
- Area radio and television stations.
In the event of a 2-hour delay at Belvedere, students can enter the building starting at 10:55 a.m., and the school day officially begins at 11:20 a.m. Full details about weather cancellation procedures can be found on the FCPS website.