Belvedere Parent Center
The Parent Center at Belvedere Elementary is a welcoming place for parents to develop personal relationships and volunteer their time at school.
We are in need of volunteers in the parent center all day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to help out with various tasks around the school. Wednesdays are especially important as helpers are needed to put together Wednesday Folders. If you can help out, please be in touch with our Parent Liaison so she can coordinate with teachers!
The center provides a variety of services to parents and the school. Some of these services include:
- adult English classes and conversational English practice
- computer training
- listening centers where children and adults can enjoy audio stories together
- volunteer work which supports classroom instruction; training for volunteers
- connecting parents to community services, agencies, and programs
- maintaining a clothes closet
- toys and games for visiting children
- a calendar of school events
- copies of textbooks and other instructional materials that children use in class
- a staff member to help parents with strategies to support children's learning at home