2022-2023 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year.
Complete ESSER School Funding Plans
2022-2023 ESSER III/SIIP At-a-Glance
Belvedere Elementary School
Cecilia Vanderhye, Principal
English Language Arts Outcome Goal
By the end of the year, 100% of the students will show at minimum one-year growth in reading as measured by the DSA and/or PRF. In order to meet this goal, all students in Grades K - 5 will receive evidence based literacy practices that explicitly and systematically teach the skills necessary for fluent word reading to ensure growth towards on grade level reading.
- Provide daily, systematic explicit instruction in phonological awareness, phonics, and morphology in the core language arts block to all students K-5
- Develop oral language skills through explicit language instruction and opportunities for talk in both the reading and writing block
100% of K-5 students will demonstrate one step growth on the Mathematics Student Profile continuum in 4 out of 7 attribute areas as measured by the AVMR assessments and/or grade level problem-solving assessments.
- Leverage EMRT (Elementary Mathematics Resource Teacher) and other math support team members to plan and facilitate CLTs (collaborative learning teams) where teachers build a shared understanding of Shift 6 (moving from teaching so that students replicate procedures toward teaching so that students select efficient strategies) and Shift 8 (from looking at correct answers toward looking for students' thinking) for each grade level.
- CLTs will create strategy ladders at least 3 times a year related to AVMR (Add+Vantage Math Recovery) assessments and/or problem-solving assessments.
100% of students will feel safe, valued, and included in the school community by receiving explicit instruction in the area of self management. Growth will be measured on the SEL Screener in the domain of Skills and Competencies and sub skill of self management.
- Increase time dedicated to self management skills instruction and practice.
- Identify students from SEL Screener data that reported no strengths in any skills and competencies domain topics in the most recent administration of the SEL Screener.
Portrait of a Graduate (POG) SMARTR Outcome
By the end of the school year, 100% of students will demonstrate with evidence an understanding of at least one attribute of the IB Learner Profile as reported on their PYP progress report
Increase time dedicated to the learner profile instruction and practice.
For additional information regarding this School Improvement plan, please contact our school principal.