School Improvement & Innovation Plan
For a full copy of the annual Title I Schoolwide Plan please contact the principal or school office.
2021-22 School Improvement & Innovation Plan At A Glance
Belvedere Elementary School | Fairfax County Public Schools | Region 2
For additional information regarding this School Improvement plan, please contact the school principal.
End of Year Reading SMARTR Outcome
By the end of the 2021-2022 school year, 75% of general education students in grades one through five will meet end of year reading benchmark.
All teachers will monitor students’ reading progress and provide targeted support.
- Develop a systematic double dip schedule for all students who are reading more than six months below grade level
- Frequent monitoring of student reading progress during regularly scheduled team meetings and during progress monitoring meetings
End of Year Mathematics SMARTR Outcome
By the end of the 2021-2022 school year, all students will demonstrate growth on problem solving assessments, applying and adapting the most appropriate strategy.
Teachers will participate in professional development to deepen their mathematical instructional understanding.
- Engage in professional development during CLT meetings around sense-making routines; talk moves; and mathematical argumentation.
- Access professional development options related to Math Workshop.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome
By the end of the 2021-2022 school year, grade level units of inquiry will include mirrors/windows where students see themselves and where they learn about other perspectives/cultures.
Teachers will revise the Program of Inquiry to include more opportunities to see themselves in the curriculum.
- Grade level teams will analyze units of inquiry to include windows and mirrors for students
- PYP Implementation Team will analyze the school’s Program of Inquiry to consider continuity of opportunities for windows and mirrors across grade levels.
All staff members will engage in Cultural Responsiveness and Curriculum Professional Development.
- Teams will engage in team-meeting embedded professional development focused on considerations for increasing windows and mirrors within the units of inquiry.
- Staff will explore resources and strategies teachers can access to grow cultural responsiveness.