Storybook Pumpkin Festival
All students are invited to celebrate great books by decorating pumpkins as storybook characters!
- The book from which a storybook character is chosen should be an elementary school appropriate title.
- Please avoid characters based on toys, trading cards, TV shows or movies unless the book was published prior to the related toys, trading cards, TV shows or movies.
- The pumpkin must be smaller than the student’s head and should fit in a backpack. In fact, the entire display should fit on a paper plate.
- The pumpkin can be painted, glued, pinned, or otherwise added to, but NOT carved (we would like to avoid the magic of decomposition within the library.)
- The student should provide three clues (sentences) about the identity of their character on a 4 x 6 card (or similar paper). On the back, they should write the character’s name, the book title, and their own name.
- Pumpkins will be displayed in the library from October 15—October 31.
- Pumpkins can be dropped off at the library on any day during that window.
- By November 1, students can pick up their pumpkins or ask their friendly librarian to make them disappear.
*There is no full-time pumpkin guard. Please do not attach treasured items to your pumpkin.*