School Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for the 2018-2019 school year
School Improvement & Innovation Plan At A Glance
Belvedere Elementary School | Fairfax County Public Schools | Region 2
For additional information regarding this School Improvement plan, please contact the school principal.
End of Year Reading SMARTR Outcome
All students who are not demonstrating adequate reading growth with Tier 1 instruction will be examined using a Protocol for Designing Reading Intervention to develop effective next instructional plans that will result in 100% of students demonstrating adequate reading progress (determined individually for each child).
Teachers will understand the protocol.
- Develop collective understanding of Protocol for Designing Reading Interventions
- Use assessment data to identify students in need of next instructional steps to increasing reading abilities.
Teachers will enhance their individual and collective efficacy around literacy practices.
- Continued professional learning around reading instructional practices, including:
- Small Group Reading Instruction
- Reading Conferences
- Listening and Transcribing Data from Book Clubs and Partnerships
- Inspiring Writing Conferences
- Embedded professional learning during collaborative team meetings
- Professional student goal-setting conversations during progress monitoring
End of Year Mathematics SMARTR Outcome
By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, 86% of students in third through fifth grades will pass the Spring 2019 Math SOL test and all students will demonstrate growth on problem solving assessments, applying and adapting the most appropriate strategy.
Teachers will participate in professional development to deepen their mathematical instructional understanding.
- Engage in professional development during CLT meetings around sense-making routines; talk moves; and mathematical argumentation.
- Participate in structured professional development focused on one on one conferences during the math workshop to understand how to dig deeper during questioning, how to engage students in side-by-side coaching; and how to use conferring data to drive instruction.
Teachers will use planning and pacing guides to guide instruction and unit revision throughout the year.
- Access planning and pacing guides in collaborative meetings to plan units
- Use school created revision guide to revisit units throughout the year
- Further integrate math concepts into the units of inquiry